The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating File Links rather than embedding Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am trying to link files into my OOP doc (I'm using kGTD and when I've completed an item, I want a link to the file I've created). Reading the help we have:

Quote:
If you attach a folder, or hold the control key while dropping a file, an alias (a "link") to the file or folder will be created instead
Is there any reason why the modifier is Control rather than Cmd-Alt which is the Finder standard for creating aliases / links? Is there any way to change the modifier? There is no menu item in OOP that I can find, so i can't just change the keyboard shortcut in Sys Prefs.

Its a pain because a) I have to remember a different key combination for OOP and b) because I have to start dragging the file in Finder before I can press the modifier key because Ctrl-click in Finder obviously means something else.

Ta,
Sanjay