The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stencil Organization - Original vs Add-on Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello -

In OmniGraffle Pro 4.1.1 (v127), I noticed in adding stencils downloaded from your website or this forum, that I can organize them into folders, and have those folders show up in the Stencil inspector.

For example:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Network
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Business
... and so on.

What I would like to know is, how can I organize the original OmniGraffle stencils, such as Magnetized? Is there a way I can "group" those in a folder that shows up in the Stencil inspector?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,
Rick Cogley
Tokyo, Japan

Is there any way to do this, I wonder? Any advice appreciated!

Anyone? Would it help if I say I have a cute Welsh Corgi Pembroke and a Golden Retriever?

The default stencils are inside the OmniGraffle application package. I suspect that you could move them from there into your (organised) Application Support folder. However, I don't know if that will damage OmniGraffle in any way so I would back it up first and e.g. label the current third party stencils in your App Supp folder so that you can easily identify the default stencils you move there to be able to remove them if you need to.

Problem is, if it works - every time there is an update to OmniGraffle, you will have to go through the same process.

Good call, Jonathan, thank you. I'll give that a try.
:-)