The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bringing the mailing list online... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let's start using this place shall we? ;)

Yes, please!

In general I don't think the forums are meant to replace the mailing lists, but in the case of the OmniWeb 5.5 Beta list we do want the discussion to migrate here entirely.

Is there a way, though, to receive all new forum entries as e-mails (just as if the mailing list would not be moved over to the forum)? To me, this would be much more convenient, as I do read my e-mail all of the time but hesitate to add yet another site to check on a regular basis.

If you subscribe to a thread you can get notifications of when new posts have been added (the text of the post is included in the notification as well), though you will, in theory, only receive one notification of new posts until you visit the forum again.

Yes, but I wouldn't notice new threads without periodically visiting the forum web site (which seems like an added inconvenience to me). Also, subscribing to every thread that might become interesting seems like so much overhead that I assume that I won't do that.

You can subscribe to entire forums by visiting the page for the forum and then at the top of the page under Forum Tools select Subscribe.

Hope this helps.