The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Read only" annoyance Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi all. I'm testing out Omnigraffle pro right now. After opening my file, for some reason it became read only, and I can't seem to get out of that. Anyone know how to unlock the READ ONLY. I opened the info on the file, and all of the permissions are set to read and write. If I remember correctly, it happened after I exported the document as a PDF or something.

Thanks, Danny

Make sure that the running copy of OmniGraffle has a license available -- Go to the licenses panel via the OmniGraffle menu, and if it claims that there is no license available, then another copy of OmniGraffle is using that license key somewhere on your network, causing your copy to run in demo mode, limiting the editing of files to those with fewer than 20 objects.

If your copy of OmniGraffle is licensed, all you need do is open up the Graffle files in question using a text editor (OmniGraffle documents are XML), perform a search for the string, "ReadOnly" (minus the quotes) and change the key value from "YES" to "NO" in each case (again, minus the quotes) and save.

Hope that helps,