The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Please help finish a script to launch Minuteur with a task's estimated time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Eh bien ... c'est un minuteur !

It is a very easily used count-down timer (or stop-watch) with an alarm. The script allows you to start running it automatically for the amount of time specified in the Duration field of an action.

It was recommended in Merlin Mann's blog some time ago.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-09-16 at 01:51 AM..

OK, email sent to the author. Holding breath :D

OK, I got Minuteur 5 and everything is working properly. Yay! NOW I can try to actually get things done :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by smew View Post
OK, I got Minuteur 5 and everything is working properly. Yay! NOW I can try to actually get things done :D
I've also got version 5 but script doesn't work, nither original nor simplified one, could you please post final version that works for you ?

Should work as posted.

Copy the attached to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus

then, right-click on the Omnifocus toolbar, choose Customize Toolbar, and drag the icon of the script onto the Toolbar.

Clicking the icon while a task is selected will launch Minuteur, as long as the Duration field is not empty.

(Make sure, of course, that Minuteur 5 is in your applications folder, and that Minuteur 4 has been removed)

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

Works for me - pretty cool!

Any way it could be modified to add together the durations when multiple items are selected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Any way it could be modified to add together the durations when multiple items are selected?
Good idea.

Amended accordingly - try this.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

Seems to work. Thanks for this. If I can get in the habit of assigning durations, I can see this being very useful.

This is a very good idea! A very nice addition (for myself atleast) would be a script that stops the minuteur-clock, and appends to the task-name in OF like "... (took 8m)". It could also mark of the task as checked.

This would be very cool. The way I get things done nowadays is to race myself and try to beat my time-estimate on the tasks, and a script that appends the actual time it took would be very helpful! The prerequisite to this is that applescript has to remember which task you started the minuteur-clock with.

note to anyone using this: it doesn't work for actions longer than 10 minutes unless you have a fully licensed copy of Minuteur. It took me almost 3 hours to figure this out. :(