The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF speed, and structure of data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm testing on a new MBP and a G4 tibook (800Mhz. 1MB RAM). Initially, OF's speed seemed OK on both systems. I've recently brought in a couple thousand text items (now Actions), split about evenly into two projects, on the G4. I'm just beginning to review all these actions and then either deleting them or assigning them to a more permanent project. When I switch between projects (by clicking on them in Project view), when either of the two big projects is the start and/or destination, it takes about 3 seconds for the destination project to draw on screen. When I switch between other projects, speed is fine.

While I don't plan to have projects pushing 1k actions, and also plan to replace the tibook with a MBP, is there any advise with regards to containers, the number of actions in them, and performance? I'm beginning to work with a few folders at the root level, with (some additional sub folders) and projects inside those, and I'm wondering if OF calculates (for screen drawing and/or whatever else) the entire contents of a folder when clicked on, or is the redraw speed only relevant when clicking on a project?

Bob

A couple silly things to try...

Have you tried closing the application and reopening. I know a couple months ago, this would speed things up in the application.

Have to tried rebooting the computer.

Have you tried running repair permissions on the drive. This shouldn't really matter, and I don't think the repair permissions will make it's way into the OF database... but it's worth a shot.

Good tips, just tried all of them, but no changes. thx

Bob