The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for Windows or Web [A: No plans for Windows app, Web possible someday.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At home I have OmniFocus on my Mac for managing home tasks.

Whilst away from home I use OmniFocus on my iPhone for viewing tasks and iPad preferably as I have more control.

I sync with MobileMe and it all seems to work fine.

At work I use Windows. I would love to integrate OmniFocus into work tasks but right now my options are iPhone or iPad which don't have the power of a desktop version. The iPad is cool but doesn't have the feature set of the desktop and I can't type as fast on my iPad. Several collegues are using OmniFocus at work have same problem.

I would love to have the power of OmniFocus on my desktop and I was hoping either that the OmniGroup might consider producing a version for Windows or produce a Web based version that would sync with MobileMe.

Please help.

I Agree, as I have the same problem. A windows or web version would be the last piece of the puzzle!

This has been requested many times. I love my iPad and the OF iPad version, but you are right, it just doesn't have the power of the desktop (email integration, etc.).

I finally went out and purchased an 11in. Mackbook Air and now have the desktop version with me all day at work.

Our existing projects have us stretched pretty thin, but we've kicked around a few ideas like this.

If interested parties emailed their requests to the support ninjas, it would be help us gauge demand for something like this. Thanks!

Support Ninjas duly emailed! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlavender View Post
At work I use Windows. I would love to integrate OmniFocus into work tasks but right now my options are iPhone or iPad which don't have the power of a desktop version. The iPad is cool but doesn't have the feature set of the desktop and I can't type as fast on my iPad. Several collegues are using OmniFocus at work have same problem.

Have you considered using a bluetooth keyboard with your iPad?

I've been considering this folding bluetooth keyboard lately:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Matias/FK304/

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
This has been requested many times. I love my iPad and the OF iPad version, but you are right, it just doesn't have the power of the desktop (email integration, etc.).

I finally went out and purchased an 11in. Mackbook Air and now have the desktop version with me all day at work.
I love this idea! Pair it together with VMWare Fusion or Parralels so that you can run whatever Windows-only programs while still having the full power of Mac OS X!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
Have you considered using a bluetooth keyboard with your iPad?

I've been considering this folding bluetooth keyboard lately:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Matias/FK304/
That keyboard looks awesome! But, I may have the chance to do some swapping around in my family and get a macbook air - that would solve all my problems!

Or maybe a case that comes with a keyboard?

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

or this one?

http://clamcase.com/

Keyboarding would be so much easier with a bluetooth keyboard..... Apps such as Mail, Pages, Numbers, and OmniFocus screams for a keyboard.....

Last edited by wilsonng; 2011-03-05 at 05:29 AM..

Reviews of the Clamcase I've seen have been underwhelming. Complaints have included strange balance due to little weight in the base, and the screen position being abnormal (if a Notebook was this size, you'd use the trackpad, tapping the screen seems awkward, unintuitive and tires your arms, plus you're stuck in landscape mode.