The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bezier handles on lines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's great that we can create shapes (closed loops) with Bezier handles. Any way to create line segments (un-closed loops, basically) with Bezier handles?

The sooner the better! This is a major missed feature for me!

--simon

same here! it would be so great to have this feature! i need to hack with bezier shapes masked with white things, it's just ugly.

] wanted to ad a Vote for that as well.
I would SO love to be able to use Graffle as my only Graphics app and its SO close

Cheers Omni Keep up the great work

Count a vote from me too as well. Bezier edited curves is a much missed feature in OmniGraffle. Especially I very often (always...) disagree with the program on how it points arrows on curved connecting lines between objects.
Something it's close to impossible to edit "away" in OG now.

Last edited by Peer Bentzen; 2006-07-20 at 01:19 PM..

Great idea...Bezier curves on lines would be great to make custom direction lines.

A new way of defining lines might be great as well....The ability to split a line into a number of 'sticky spots' for the insertion of arrows etc (ie intersections, 30 degree intersections etc) would alse be great.
The ability to add a crossover or inline graphic.

Maybe a function to change the line after it has been drawn (ie it become a shape with a number of invisible sides on a lower layer!) would get you down the the direction I am thinking!!

I completely agree -- some way to elegantly curve lines and arrows with more control that we have today would be near top of my wish list. The lack of it is on the top of my frustration list (which is VERY small with Omni products).

I just spent most of an hour fighting with this misfeature. It's really hard to make non-unsightly lines without Bézier handles. Please?

(And yes, I agree with the previous commenter, this is the first time I have ever sworn at an Omni product, and I use OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle near every day. Also, is there really no way to constrain a line segment to be perfectly horizontal or vertical?)

Thanks.

Please add me to the list of people who would very much like to be able to edit Bézier curves my manipulating handles - including the ability to switch between co-tangent and not-cotangent handles. (That is, between a smooth segment join and a cusp.) Thanks!