The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Release Notes & Build Numbers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, Omni: Howbout adding build numbers to the release notes? Right now, there's no way for me to know if I have a sneaky peek that includes the newest-listed features. The release notes show dates, and the "you are currently running" field shows build numbers.

If you click on the version number in the About ... box, you'll get additional information which includes the build date and time.

Thanks, that does help a little bit. But the release notes don't show times, and there are multiple releases per day, and the notes are often labelled +/- 1 day, so it's still not easy (or even always possible) to figure out if I want to download the new version - especially if I've skipped a few builds that had no notes.

It seems like it would be fairly straightforward for someone to write a build number into those notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Levitt View Post
It seems like it would be fairly straightforward for someone to write a build number into those notes.
Actually, probably not completely straightforward. The builds are generated automatically when a periodic script notices that a change has been made to the source code. So the engineers writing release notes are doing that separate from the build processes.

Curt

Oh, good point - I didn't think about whether the release notes were integrated with the CI system. Well, then

s/would be fairly straightforward/ought to be possible with a finite amount of effort/