The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

10.6.4 breaks mail plugin [SOLVED: Install from Prefs] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
FWIW - this is standard practice w/ Apple and Mail.App after upgrades. The bundles all go into 'disabled' status, and need to be 're-reved' by the developers in order to stop compatibility issues - or at least - the developers need to manually check out the compatibility, make sure that it's okay, and then issue a new version (might be the same as the old version) - that updates the UUID's of the compatibility .plist file associated with Mail/Messages to tell Mail that it's okay to use this plugin/bundle.

Please see the following for some notes on/more information:

HTML Code:
http://langui.sh/2009/11/09/fixing-growlmail-letterbox-for-mail-4-2/
HTML Code:
http://stib.posterous.com/how-to-fix-unsupported-plugins-after-upgradin
Good luck.

All,
I was able to solve this very easily by following the instructions in the thread Brian pointed to:

First, reinstall Clip-O-Tron.

Next,

- Delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist
- Delete the Cache files (~/Library/Caches and /Library/Caches)
- Boot with the PRAM clearing (hold Command-Option-P-R immediately after hitting the power button)

I should note that I didn't even bother deleting the caches; worked like a charm.

You can verify the fix by confirming that the Services section in the Keyboard Shortcuts preference pane area is no longer blank.

Close Mail first, then re-install the plug-in.

That worked fine for me, no need to zap preferences.

@whshep

I tried that first, but no luck.

Reinstalling the Clip-O-Tron fixed the problem for me

Many thanks sfkeydel! My Mail Services section was blank and it just said "Building...". After deleting the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist, deleting the com.apple.mail cache in ~/Library/Caches, and then booting with the PRAM clearing, my Mail services was no longer blank and I got clip-o-tron plugin to work again. None of the other posted methods worked for me. Thanks sfkeydel!

This worked fine for me on my MBP i7 15". Thanks.

Hi,
My plug-in is working but the text that goes into the notes field is being highlighted in black - anyone else seen this?

Known bug with Safari 5. It's worked around by the most recent 1.8 sneaky peeks. If you aren't running the sneaky peeks, you can just highlight the note text and use the Clear Style command to eliminate the formatting. (I think that command is on the edit menu, but I'm on my iPad and can't verify.)

Curt

Thanks for the tip, Curt.

Menu: Format>Clear Style
Shortcut: ctrl+cmd+delete
Also, if you copy the text and paste holding doesn Shift+cmd+alt it also clears and fixes.

Pat