The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Next Action ONLY without the project name Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

When I click on the "Library" folder, and chose "Next Action", I see next action for all project. The way it appears is as follows: Name of the project, and then next action. But I don't like the way it appears on the screen. It is clustered and difficult to read especially if you have 30-40 projects.

Is there any way to see the next action without having the name of the project appears ??? I just need to simplify the screen look and avoid the cluster to make it easier to read only next actions.

Is there any way to do that in OF ?????

Thanks.

Dodee :

I guess the name of the game is PERSPECTIVES. I suggest you take a look to the manual and (easier) look at the video in OF web page ... pretty usefull !!!!!!

Saludos
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodee214 View Post
Is there any way to see the next action without having the name of the project appears ??? I just need to simplify the screen look and avoid the cluster to make it easier to read only next actions.

Is there any way to do that in OF ?????
Certainly! There are two basic view modes in OmniFocus: Planning Mode (which shows everything underneath its parent, as you've seen), and Context Mode (which lets you group actions however you want). To see your actions without their hierarchy, you need to switch to Context Mode.

To switch to Context Mode, click on Contexts in the toolbar. Now change the grouping setting to Ungrouped (so it no longer groups your actions by their context), and once again change your action filter to show only your Next Actions.

Is that what you were looking for?

Ken,

I got it now with the context mode, ungrouped, and next action.

Thanks.