The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab drawer Prefs don't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just upgraded to latest version of OW [5.10.1 (v622.10 r118169)] and now the Tab Drawer will only open on the right, even though in the Prefs it is set to open on the left.

I have tried changing the settings, quitting, changing back as well as deleting the application Prefs .plist file, but no luck.

Not a major problem, just annoying.

Did you take a snapshot of your window/Workspace with it open on the right? If so, it overrides the preference setting. To clear it, force the drawer to open on the other side by option clicking the tab drawer button in the toolbar (customise your toolbar to add it if you need to), then take another snapshot.

No, didn't take a snapshot. A support ninja did email me with the Option-clicking thing, which did work. Thanks for your reply.
John

This can sometimes happen if your window during launch is too close to the side of the screen. The drawer will try to be smart and open on the opposite side of the window. Closing all your windows and then opening a new one should obey your preference setting.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-09-16 at 09:46 AM..

Thanks troyb, as I said it is fixed now and it may have been something weird with my machine, but I tried positioning the window, opening closing the program, etc, but nothing worked. I even tried placing the right side off screen, but it just readjusted the window when I opened a tab.

As I said, all is well now. I mainly reported it in case it was some kind of bug (and I am glad to learn the option+click trick). Thanks for the reply though.