The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focusing on Contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm using 1.7.5, and there is an issue. It seems so logical, but it is — seemingly — a missing feature.

In project mode I can Cmd+click to select several projects to see just those. It's fine. Then I can focus to have everything out of my mind. That's fine as well.

However, in Context mode, while I can similarly Cmd+click to see only items of contexts selected, the "Focus" button/menu item is greyed out. I can't focus, whereas it would seem to be a parallel behaviour to projects, and its functionality is already there (by cmd+click), just the removing of all the others from the view, the "focusing" is missing.

Or am *I* missing something?

--szabi

I was looking for the same thing today in 1.8.x.

I noticed that you can actually do this in Omnifocus for iPad, just not in the full app. Weird. On the iPad app you can just show all items of a particular context and even "focus" on a sub-context under that. Very cool. I wish the desktop app had the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni Clint View Post
I was looking for the same thing today in 1.8.x.

I noticed that you can actually do this in Omnifocus for iPad, just not in the full app. Weird. On the iPad app you can just show all items of a particular context and even "focus" on a sub-context under that. Very cool. I wish the desktop app had the same thing.
What is it that you think you are doing with the iPad that you don't replicate by selecting only that context in the sidebar on the Mac?

Hrm. You know, since I posted that I re-orged my contexts and now I can't reproduce what I saw earlier when I posted this. How weird. What was happening is i'd click "Errands", let's say, and it would scroll to Errands in the list, but not actually hide "Computer" or "Phone". Though... now it does as expected.