The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Making tasks available in seqeuntial project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, I have I request/question. Here is what I want to do, lets I have a project with 15 tasks. 12 of them are sequential, but 3 can be done at any time. Is there anyway to make these 3 tasks available even if the project is sequential?

If not that's is my feature request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justint
Ok, I have I request/question. Here is what I want to do, lets I have a project with 15 tasks. 12 of them are sequential, but 3 can be done at any time. Is there anyway to make these 3 tasks available even if the project is sequential?
It can be done: Make the project parallel, add a sequential subproject, move the 12 tasks into the subproject.

That's a bit awkward, but I think that's how the current system is designed to work. Hopefully in a future version there might be a new project kind, say "with dependencies", where you could specify the task or tasks that must be complete before activating a subsequent task. That gives complete flexibility without the need to create subprojects.

What I would like to see is to have some easy way of making it available. Like in the contextual menu or the like.