The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SVG export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I'll try to import SVGs into Outlook (2011) exported from newest Omnigraffle. It worked one time only (mysteriously).

I have attached a ZIP with two files - the KFC is easily imported into Outlook, the other one failed. The KFC.svg is from an example out of another forum - sadly I don't know the program used to create this file.

If I try to import the SVG exported form Omnigraffle into Illustrator - there is an error message. There seems to be a problem wiht the embedded Font even it is Arial.

Is some one working with the Omnigraffle Pro SVG export function (and Outlook 2011) with success?

What kind of SVG is used with Omnigraffle?

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2SVGfiles.zip (40.6 KB, 761 views)

Last edited by sone; 2010-12-06 at 01:03 AM..

With export to EPS it's working fine with Outlook 2011.
But transparency is not preserved with EPS...
so not usable for me, too.

I'm trying different preferences for exporting SVG.
Opening exported files in Illustrator and Scribus is showing different results in both programs always.
Sometimes boxes are only in one colour, and shadows are not viewable always.

I can view SVGs exported from Omnigraffle within Firefox - but I cannot use them with Outlook or Keynote.

Last edited by sone; 2010-12-06 at 02:26 AM..

A workaround i do is exporting from Omnigraffle to SVG, opening it in Illustrator and exporting from Illustrator to EPS. The EPS from Illustrator is with transparency, only without transparency if you decide to add a transparent picture - this transparency will be lost! The EPS from Omnigraffle does not have transparency beside of background - but there are white squares around rectangles... To make it complete, in Omnigraffle arrows as endings of lines - they lead to the absence of the line if you decide to export to SVG from Omnigraffle. That's so much fun! Thank you!! SVG is great!!!

Sone, we read the forums as we're able to do so on top of our other duties, but we can't always guarantee that folks from a given team will be able to do so.

In this case, I saw your thread, but there are other folks here who know OmniGraffle better than I do - if you email our support ninjas, they can probably offer some advice that may help.

problem solved - SVG export is not easy not really working for me but not needed anymore...
it's SO easy I could cry...
copy your Omnigraffle and paste it into Outlook (MAC 2011) ...
everything is there with transparency and arrows an pictures with transparency
and shadows - I've found nothing which is not pasted as it should...
& it seems like it is vector-based...
no need for ninja - just a little chocolat...

|-:

Sone

Ah, the joys of built-in PDF. This is often the easiest way around. Vector based and (most) transparencies preserved.

Sometimes, I have found I need to explicitly "Copy As --> PDF", not sure why, but that is often a little better, if you're having trouble with the default cut and paste.

-- Morgan