The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Strip formatting from pasted text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm copying text from .pdf's and pasting them into an OO outline, but the carriage returns from the .pdf make the text in the outline pretty goofy. Short line, long line, short line, long line, etc. I have to go through and manually delete the carriage returns on the short lines, and it's tedious.

There must be a fast and easy way to strip that formatting out so I can paste it into OO and have it fit the outline properly ... isn't there?

You could use OO's regular expression setting in the find/replace to strip out line breaks. Do a search for "regular expression" in the OO help for the list of syntax.