The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

More GTD Friendly Feature Requests? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
For me, personally, I've had a hard time incorporating both "someday/maybe" and "waiting for" into my omnifocus activity.

It's hard to know how to designate these things. I feel it would be helpful if there could be another filter option where I could be designated with a check box whether something was a "someday/maybe" or a "waiting for." This would allow me to filter it out and create another perspective so that I can see it easily and quickly.

Creating a separate folder doesn't work, because I use folders to organize different divisions of my life. Hence, if I have a "gardening" folder, and a "financial" folder, having to take something out of this to put it in a "someday/maybe" folder doesn't fit with this system.

Likewise, creating a "context" for either of these doesn't always sense, because you can't create a context for a project, only actions. Creating a context for "waiting for," sort of works, but it doesn't make sense in that it's not a physical location, and thus also doesn't fit with the system.

I welcome any tips or advice on this.

Last edited by blueruin; 2008-03-23 at 11:46 AM..