The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Maps cursor problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When Google Maps started working in OmniWeb, I started adding maps in the sites I develop. I just revisited a map what was working fine a couple of months ago. OmniWeb 5.5.4 and/or Google is having a map cursor problem:
  1. Moving the cursor over a map changes the cursor from an arrow to a small blue box containing a white question mark.
  2. Mousing down on the map changes the cursor to arrow.
  3. Dragging the map changes the cursor back to the question mark icon.
  4. Releasing the mouse leaves the cursor as an arrow.
  5. Moving the mouse changes the cursor back to the question mark icon.
In Safari 2.0.4, the cursor remains an arrow at all times.

In Firefox 2.0.0.1, the cursor changes to a hand over the map. I think that's what Google Maps intends.

[copy of a formal bug report]

A new user of OmniWeb here - just registered. Any plans for this to be on a "soon to be fixed" list? Since I haven't had time to review the whole of the forums or the Omni blog, I'm not sure of Omnigroup's usual process for things like this. But add my vote for a fix sooner than later please - if it is indeed an Omniweb thing. If not, please post so we can go complain to Google.

Seems to have just been fixed in v611 :)