The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Center Text in Bubbles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently downloaded a stencil of dialog balloons to use as callouts on screenshots. (There's another question implied here: is there a way to make adjustable callouts, like those dialog bubbles, in omnigraffle?)

But when I add text to these bubbles, it's not vertically centered. Its alignment is biased toward the pointer part of the bubble.

Is there a way to align the text vertically?

Yes, the Style: Text Inspector has vertical alignment controls along with other sundry things to do with text for a shape. You can also edit the stencil you downloaded so that those callout shapes will have the text alignment settings you desire by default.

Hope that helps,

Yes, but I had to use Text Offset because the Align Middle doesn't work correctly in the shapes I'm using. So I turned off Default Offsets and found that a 10% Y offset did the trick.

How can I automate this so that it's got that Y offset every time I use text in a shape from that stencil collection?

As mentioned before, edit the stencil itself from the Gear menu at the top of the Stencil Window, make your changes, save it, and all should be well afterwards.