The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sync problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I've just recently joined the test and I'm having the following issues:

1. When I open a new omnioutliner file on my mac and then save it to my Omnipresence folder, it shows up on my iPad without any problems. However, when I copy and paste an OO file from another folder into my Omnipresence folder, it never appears on my iPad (even a day later it's missing, and even after touching the sync icon on my iPad multiple times).

2. The other issue I'm having is that files I delete on my iPad don't get deleted from the Omnipresence folder on my mac.

Any assistance appreciated.

What happens if you duplicate an OO file through Finder that is already in your OmniPresence folder? Does the copy show up on your iPad?

Are changes you make to files on both the Mac and iPad syncing properly to the other device? (Aside from deletes)

What server are you using? Is it our Omni Sync Server?

Thanks for the feedback.

I just experimented with this again. The copy doesn't show up, and neither do edits - edits I make on the mac don't show up on my iPad, and vice versa.

I'm using the Omni Sync Server.

Try making an edit on the Mac to a file and let it upload. Then make a copy of the OmniPresence folder on your Mac as a backup. In the OmniPresence menu, click the i button and use the disconnect button.

Now try setting up your account again and see what files are downloaded. And if the edit you just made is in the file that was downloaded. If that all works, then we can try troubleshooting the iPad side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Try making an edit on the Mac to a file and let it upload. Then make a copy of the OmniPresence folder on your Mac as a backup. In the OmniPresence menu, click the i button and use the disconnect button.

Now try setting up your account again and see what files are downloaded. And if the edit you just made is in the file that was downloaded. If that all works, then we can try troubleshooting the iPad side.
Hi again and thanks,

I reinstalled the whole thing again, and now it's working like a charm!

Excellent!

I've been having some crashes now, some yesterday as well as today - I get the attached error message but I'm not sure what it means.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 10.20.19.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	2876  

Can you send in those crash reports please if you haven't yet, and email omnipresence@omnigroup.com so our Support Humans can assist you. I'm not seeing any crash reports under the email used for your forum account. Thanks!