The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

document.writeln("<Prev") in Yahoo groups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is bizarre. In a Yahoo group I thought I was reading clearly and normally this morning (June 29), many of the links are now of the form
document.writeln("some text");

It looks right in an older Firefox and Safari as well as one WebKit13632.

For example, go to the public SeattleRobotics group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SeattleRobotics/
Click on the second message listed. When the message is displayed, above it in the light blue shading, you should see:
Message #x of n < Prev | Next >
but instead, I see:
Message #x of n document.writeln("< Prev"); | document.writeln("Next >");

I'm also seeing the titles of posts this way. If you click the Messages link at upper left, you'll see a list of messages. For me, the titles are in function form with a string parameter. So the link is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/%22/group/Se.../28131?l=1\%22
instead of:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Seattl.../message/28131

It looks like OW isn't translating the quote marks correctly. The code at that point in the source is:
document.writeln("<a href=\"/group/SeattleRobotics/message/28131\" ><span>Re: 3kg Robot Sumo</span></a>");

I would have sworn this was working correctly this morning. I've quit and restarted OW. I'm running OS X 10.4.7 (installed yesterday afternoon) and sp16. I'd be happy if this were a transient bizarre bug, but I'm reporting it anyway.

Followed your instructions, Beth, and OW sp16 with OS 10.4.6 looks fine here.

I even rebooted my system because we had thunderstorms. I still see this problem. I am blocking ads at Yahoo, but changing that setting didn't help. I'll check tomorrow from my laptop.

It seems to be related to having the quote marks escaped.

It works fine for me as well, SP16 10.4.7

My laptop also exhibits the same behavior. In addition, for some time, the first time I sign-in to Yahoo, the Sign-in button says Search. The source code says Sign-in, but I see Search.

I've cleared the caches. I haven't thrown away my preferences. I suppose I should try that. Argh!

Saving and replacing my plist and OW folder in Application Support fixed the problem. There's something in my plist that is causing the problem. Interestingly, I have different plists on the two computers. The laptop shows the construction stripes on the title bar, and I'm sure there are other differences.

I'm stubborn though, I restored the broken files. I don't want to recreate my preferences from scratch right now.

Thank you for checking everyone.