The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checklists: this works great! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I expect that many, perhaps most of you folks already know this one, but I thought I'd share it in case.

OK, so I keep a handful of checklists. Some are for things I must remember while preparing for weekly events (ballgames, band gigs) and various kinds of ad-hoc outings (motorcycle rides and trips downtown).

For the weekly checklists, I used a recurring singleton project in OmniFocus (using due date). I hated it because every week, my overdue task count would shoot up, and I usually couldn't review the list right away so the big red number nagged and bothered me.

So, I started looking for another solution - I was thinking that something outside of OF might be suitable - I could have a recurring task in OF, commanding me to go through my checklist, wherever it was.

Today I found the solution inside OF. I set a singleton project to recur, like before. But, I just set the start date of the project, not the due date. When the project is completed, a new one gets created again, set with the start date that I specified, but no due dates (and so, no overdue tasks). for some of my checklists, I'm using a recurrence of 1 min or 1 hour - so they essentially just reset themselves after they're completed. Sweet!

Now I just keep a folder near the top of my project list called Checklists, and they're in there, ready to serve me (and not to annoy me).

Tested on my iPhone too - works great! Just wanted to share - I hadn't heard about this, just decided to try it and see if it worked.