The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

With No Comment Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, maybe it's like this: you've got a bunch of tasks on your list to do, and one of them is big and hairy, and the others are relatively easy. If you're like me, you do all the easy ones first and procrastinate on that hard one. (Well, okay, I procrastinate on all of them, but especially on the hard one :D) Obviously, the Apple testers are taking the same approach!
Oh, you think reviewing that Macedonian keyboard app was easy, do you?!

Still only one productivity app approved so far today. 8 approved yesterday. Come on guys, wakey wakey! You've had your nap, now get back to work.

Doesn't Jobs talk about approval time improvements every time he announces something? That is actually not good news. Unless approval times are getting down to a few seconds, they can only be improving before keynotes if they're getting worse after keynotes...and we just had a major announcement...so...now is the time to be slow so that they can claim improvement in a few months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgriffy View Post
Oh, you think reviewing that Macedonian keyboard app was easy, do you?!
Sure! Testing probably consisted of:
  1. making sure it doesn't allow tethering
  2. making sure it doesn't show images of naked bodies
  3. dropping something on the keyboard and making sure the output "all looks like Greek to me, boss!" :)

(yeah, yeah, I know, Macedonian isn't at all like Greek, but even my Bulgarian friend doesn't know anyone who says "it all looks like Bulgarian to me")

I'm going to guess (and remember, just a guess!) that approval time is also based on how complex the app is. If there's more stuff they need to look at in the app, it's going to take longer. But yes, I'm waiting on pins and needles along with everybody else, and keep going "come on!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotteeboy View Post
It's been 7 days, you would think Apple would have released it by now.. Ken did mention that 85% of apps get approved within the first 7 days..
However, the other 15% take 7 months... :eek: Seriously... counting down the minutes till the app is available on the store.

Three productivity apps approved on the 28th. They're slacking! One hit on the 29th before it was the 29th in PST. I wonder what time zone the release date is in. One of the new productivity apps is iCircuit. Very nifty app if you do electronic stuff. Easier than anything I've used on the Mac.

Maybe OG should have written a flashlight app and hidden OmniFocus functions in it.

Might have gotten approved faster. :)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Maybe OG should have written a flashlight app and hidden OmniFocus functions in it.

BZ
Hehehehehe! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post

BZ
Thanks for the laugh, that was great :D