The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help! Objects keep spreading out on page! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got a flowchart with Automatic Layout turned on in Inspector, Canvas, Diagram Layout, and everytime I move something in the Outline sidebar, the objects on the entire canvas spread out and spill over onto (new) adjacent pages.

I've reduced to Rank and Object Separation numbers to such small increments that their reduction no longer has any effect.

Does anyone know what could make the program insist on putting huge spaces surrounding all my objects? (to less than .1 inches)

This was actually working for me last night, but now it suddenly seems to have stopped.

Thanks for any help!

I've found it helpful after I add all my elements, to turn off the automatic layout function. My layouts then stay the way I arrange them.

Just wanted to let you know, since nobody replied... this post helped me out. Thanks for posting.