The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The document "x" could not be saved as "x" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm getting the above error whenever I try to save an OmniOutliner document anywhere. It's a weird kind of message because it gives no reason for itself.
I've restarted, upgraded (from stable to beta, neither work), tried different file paths... right now I can't save OO docs. Can anyone help?

Sorry you haven't got a reply here. I was away at MacWorld last week. Did you email support about this issue? Or are you still having this problem? Let me know if I can be of any help!

I get this error when I attempt to save to a Windows network share drive.

There seem to be workarounds for this problem in other Omni software, but not Outliner.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10770

Yeah, this is an Apple issue with saving file wrappers to Samba shares. OmniOutliner does not have a way to save as a flat file. Hopefully we can address this in OO4 one way or another.