The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Perspective showing the task + the project it belongs to Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to make a Today perspective that shows the tasks for today but also the (editable) project it belongs to?

I keep a project per Customer. The project note has address data for the customer as well as a link to an NVALT note in which I keep the contacthistory.

I then add tasks to this customer. I can get the tasks to show up in the perspective but without the project they belong to. That defeats the purpose that I have with this this set up: Make the call or send the email and update the contact history in the linked NVALT textfile.

Any advise? I have only about 20 contacts set up this way as I am moving away from my CRM system by the end of the year.

Another set up to try is also fine.

Jos

You can add a column to the display to show the project with View->Columns->Project. Unless I'm not understanding your scheme correctly, that doesn't really help you much, as you still need to somehow go to the project.

A different way to defuzz the feline is to select the action, then right-click and choose Focus in New Window. This will give you a new window with the containing project, and you can directly access the project's notes.