The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnifocus to Omnioutliner (including columns) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
it might be worth trying to run the script from the Omnifocus toolbar:

1. Copy the script to ~\Library\Scripts\Omnifocus
2. In Omnifocus choose View\Customize Toolbar, and drag the script onto the toolbar.
Nope, same error that way.

(Note that I'm posting this for the sake of anyone else trying to troubleshoot the script - I'm not expecting technical support from you! :) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Nope, same error that way.
Would be interested to know whether this is occurring with the new version (which exports from selections in the right-hand content panel), and if so, on which line of code. (Also whether you are using OO Pro or plain OO - it is written for the former)

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-19 at 05:47 AM..

Yes, new version. Yes, OO Pro. Looked like the same error as before, so I assume the same location in the script I mentioned - the "project" in quotation marks after the doesn't-equal sign. (I've since deleted the script so can't confirm at the moment.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I assume the same location in the script I mentioned - the "project" in quotation marks after the doesn't-equal sign
You mean

Code:
set blnContext to (selected view mode identifier ≠ "project")
?

That seems surprising, at first glance ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
You mean

Code:
set blnContext to (selected view mode identifier ≠ "project")
?

That seems surprising, at first glance ...
Oh, I've seen that problem: Tiger doesn't like the way Leopard encodes the ≠ character; I think Leopard uses Unicode and Tiger expects MacRoman or something along those lines.

The simple fix is to replace "≠" with "is not equal to".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Well, having done that, now I get "NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 3" with "selected trees" highlighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Thank you !

I have uploaded an amended version.

It seems, however, to judge by Craig's experience, that Leopard-baked Applescripts may have other problems on Tiger machines. I wonder if Apple is aware of this ?

I have uploaded a plain text (MacRoman) copy, and I have now downloaded and run it successfully on a Tiger machine with a simple set of data in Omnifocus.

Robin.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-19 at 12:01 PM..

Here's what I'm seeing with the latest (text) version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	443  

Is this script still available? (getting a message from .mac that page can not be found.)

I just got done moving a ton of my Omnioutliner files into Omnifocus and I was busy arranging them when I tried to move some items back out to OmniOutliner Pro. They appear as links and they loose their hierarchy. I have been searching high and low and I found this thread.
I put the script into a new folder I labeled "Omnifocus" into the base level Library\Scripts folder but I don't understand how to drag the script onto the toolbar?

I am completely shocked that being able to export an outline to OO isn't a feature built right into Onmifocus.