The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

set-up for web wires Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's been a few versions since I used Graffle much. Can anyone point me to a good doc that gives some best practices in setting up for wire-framing a web app? I want:
  • 1px = 1px for on screen presentation
  • one screen fits on one page when I print and in the app
  • screens that are 960px wide, plus room for a slug and margins

I'm having a bit of trouble getting all the settings in the right place for that. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome back to OmniGraffle, sprugman! Just wanted to mention that you may want to include these questions in an email to the support ninjas as well - we browse the forums as we're collectively able, but we can't guarantee that someone from a particular team will be able to respond to every post.

(My graffle-fu isn't sufficient to answer these questions, but if you email the ninjas, they would know for sure.)

I do this all the time. Use the "Canvas:Size" inspector panel to set these options. (Command-3)

De-select size is "multiple of printer sheets" to print your web-page on one page.

Use "Canvas Size" fields to set page width.

Use "Unit Scale" to show "1pt = 1 px" for pixel perfection.