The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to see completed tasks sorted by compl. date? [A: create perspective; see thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are you positive you're looking at the tasks in context mode? Sorting by completion date in project mode may get you rather different results.

That worked! Very interesting. So I had to be in contexts mode to use the filters that way. Thanks for your help! It is unclear to me why this wouldn't have worked otherwise but I'm grateful for it as I can finally look back at the most recent changes for my changelog!

Project mode sorts projects, and context mode sorts actions. So project mode will show the actions grouped into their projects, and the projects ordered by when the project was completed. If you work on a bunch of projects at once, the completed actions will be scattered around, but the sorting won't make it easy to see in which order they were completed, only the order in which you marked the projects complete. You wouldn't see actions that were part of projects you have yet to complete at all.

It's an important thing to understand, and needs to be considered pretty much whenever you are sorting.

Thank you so much. That makes sense actually. I'm pretty new to these modes in OmniFocus actually, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I find out what OmniFocus can do!