The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

new user with Perspective problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running OmniFocus on a G4 Mac with OS 10.4.11, and have had no problems so far except for one. I keep the main database on a flash drive, because I'm using two computers in two different locations, and one doesn't have Internet access (don't ask, it's a long and stupid story!). I basically sync by sneakernet, which has been working just fine. However, last night I set up and saved a couple of new perspectives on one machine. When I opened the database this morning on the other machine, the new perspectives weren't there, although the new actions that I created at the same time last night had transferred just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks--I love this program, by the way...

Perspectives are stored in a separate file. There should be a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus called Perspectives.

Sorry to be stupid: does this mean I have to manually move the Perspectives file every time I transfer the database?

You'll only need to move new or changed perspectives. Once you've used OmniFocus for a while, you probably won't change your perspectives much at all. You'll just keep using the same ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
You'll only need to move new or changed perspectives. Once you've used OmniFocus for a while, you probably won't change your perspectives much at all. You'll just keep using the same ones.
Thanks. I really appreciate how responsive everyone at Omni is: rapid and to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by historydoll View Post
Sorry to be stupid: does this mean I have to manually move the Perspectives file every time I transfer the database?
I put in a request (via Help >*Send Feedback...) to allow syncing Perspectives and at least some preferences (those that don't require an absolute path, if there are any that do), so that those of us who would like changes of perspectives and preferences to be synced can do so.

I think it should be a preference that the user can turn off, since some folks might want a different set of perspectives at work and at home.