The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acid3 Test Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Probably not to long after it's stable. That build was only released late last night, so it's probably going to be a while.

I think it will take longer than that! The current stable version of Safari (version 3.1) scores a 75 on Acid3 while the beta of OmniWeb 5.7 only gets a 41. I can understand OmniGroup not tracking pre-release versions of WebKit, but I'd at least expect them to keep up with Safari. Wasn't that the whole point of moving to WebKit, to get all the Safari improvements for "free"? I don't understand why OmniWeb is lagging behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
Wasn't that the whole point of moving to WebKit, to get all the Safari improvements for "free"? I don't understand why OmniWeb is lagging behind.
It helps, but Apple keeps changing stuff that breaks features in OW so they have to take the time to rebuild or remove those features. Plus I don't think they have as many people spending as much time on OW as they used to.