The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

repeating tasks confusion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
These new options for repeating tasks on only the iphone version seem to be causing some problems and confusion for me.

I started out using Omnifocus on the Mac way before there was an iphone version and set up several repeating tasks which are obviously now synced to my iphone since last year.

The options for repeating tasks on the Mac version are simple enough and repeat either at a fixed interval or based on completion date. The ones that are causing confusion now are the ones based on completion date.

As an example, I have a task called empty litterbox that repeats every 2 days and has a start time, but no due time. This suited me since certain chores I don't really view as having a "due" time in the traditional sense. On my Mac this would behave as desired, I would complete the task and then it would show up two days later as available.

With the new repeating options in the iphone version 1.5.1 and later, there are thee options, repeat every, start after, and due after. The "repeat every" option is simple enough and is the same as the "repeat from assigned" on the Mac. However the "based on completion date" repeat option from the Mac seems to have become the "due after" repeat option for the same tasks on my iphone. But those tasks from my Mac don't have a due date. The tasks still seem to be repeating now when I mark them completed on my iPhone, but they seem to be using some imaginary due date. So for example, this morning, I marked my empty litterbox task completed on my iphone, and it repeated the task, but it is showing with a start time of 4:34 AM tomorrow, rather than in two days like it used to on my Mac. I'm at work at the moment so I can't check what would happen on the Mac version, but I'm presuming if I marked it completed on the Mac rather than iPhone, it would have created the start date two days in the future instead of one like it always has.

So basically the task is repeating differently depending on what device I mark it completed on, plus I have tasks repeating on my iPhone based on due dates that don't exist.

Any advice on what is going on here?