The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: %variable% to show user data? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I like using %variables% for various things, but I'd really like if I could expose a named data value via the variables mechanism. Perhaps something like %userdata:thekeyname%

I know I can show all data values and notes as a tooltip on hover. I use the shape user data attributes to link site map shapes back to source references (which feature group, file, version, capture date, wireframe name, etc).

At the moment I have the page entity name in both the shape text and also in the shape user data. I initially create all my sitemap shapes via applescript, pulling from a wireframes inventory database. After that though editing is manual, and the references get broken if extra care isn't taken. It would be so much easier if the shape contained the text <%userdata:label%> .. making only one place where all shape data gets updated.