The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sync to iCal as events for due dates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I tried the iCal syncing, and was totally baffled that it seems to only sync with the task list. I don't get it, why would I want to sync with the task list, when its task listing is inferior to Omnifocus task list?

What I really need (desperately) is for iCal to provide what OF doesn't: to look at a "big picture" timeline/calender view of the tasks with due dates, so I can plan for critical due dates and get alarms to go with them. How could this fundamental issue be missing?

OF is good for organizing tasks without time limits, but without real links to iCal or omniplan I'm very frustrated with how to translate tasks into planning my time, organizing my week based on task due dates, or figuring out when I can tell someone I can fit-in to my schedule of tasks, their project or tasks.