The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outline sidebar--will its order affect canvas? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the Outline sidebar. I see my items in there, and I can drag them into a different order, but this has no effect on the order of objects on the canvas, either horizontal or vertical. I'm rather surprised...has this functionality not yet been built into the app?

Example:

Canvas and Outline:

1 (parent to all 4 items below, which are children)
A
B
C
D
Change Outline to:

B
A
D
C
This has absolutely no effect on the canvas.

Doesn't affect the order in 5.0.2 or earlier, however this does work in the current 5.1 beta releases.

I have 5.0.2 Pro. Wow, really looking forward to this. I suppose I may have to get a mindmapping app like MindManager 7 for the Mac, but I'm not sure if they support this. Ultimately, I'd like to get sort as well.

I got it to work! It was as simple as:

Inspector
Canvas
Diagram Layout
Turn on "Automatic Layout"

AWESOME!!!