The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting out projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't seem to find a way to sort the projects or contexts in OmniFocus for iPad. If I tap & hold I get some options but I can't seem to discover a way of rearranging them. Is it even possible? I see how to sort the actions within a project, but not the projects themselves. Also, it does not seem to inherit the order I have in OmniFocus for Mac.

Thanks for any hints,

Hi ero
Click on the arrow next to projects or context please to see a list of all of them.
Next press the gear button (in the top right of the sidebar) and choose Edit Sidebar.
You might either delete via the red button on the left or rearrange via the 3-line icon on the right side.

True! fantastic! Although it only seems to work in landscape view. If I'm in portrait the gear button does not show an "Edit Sidebar" option. But I can now sort them, thanks a lot!

This filled in a lot of my questions. Thanks.

I'm not seeing the 'edit sidebar' when I click on the cog. I click on 'edit' and then I can move the projects around. Is there any setting to have OF sort alphabetically?

Since that post was written, we released an update which removed the menu item in favor of having the Edit button in the content outline affect both halves of the screen.

There's currently no way to have the iPad app alphabetically sort your projects, but I believe there's a feature request open on that. If you email the support ninjas and they can add you to the request...