The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective Not Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was hooping someone could tell me why when I create a project based perspective (project button is toggled on in the "view mode" of the perspective) on my Mac, it won't sync to my iPad. Only context based perspectives seem to sync. What am i doing wrong?

Only context perspective sync to iOS at this time.

thanks so much for the quick reply....if anyone from Omni see's this please add this as a feature request. Thank you!

Anyone know of any work arounds to see a project based perspective?

Make a context mode perspective that groups or sorts by project. If the reason you were making a project mode perspective was that you only wanted to show a subset of your projects, focus on those projects, then go to context mode (View->Context Mode, not the Contexts button in the toolbar which opens a perspective named Contexts!) and build your perspective. The structure will be shown a bit differently, but it is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyo View Post
if anyone from Omni see's this please add this as a feature request. Thank you!
Done - happy to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Done - happy to help!
I would really appreciate this functionality as well!

OF has been on iOS for 4 years. Considering how often project-based perspectives are requested I think if they were going to do it it would be done by now. Not sure what the technical hurdle is, but I'm betting it's a big one.