The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Make "Paste w/Current Style" the default? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I hardly ever want to paste text into an Outline with anything but the current style, so I have to remember to use Alt-Shift-Cmd-V to paste. Usually, of course, I forget, and wind up with some goofy style that have to un-goof.

Is there a way to make "Paste with current style" the default?

No, there's not a way to make this the default. We plan to address this issue in a future version though. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Derek.

Roger,

You can do this with built-in OS X functionality. In the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane, go to Keyboard Shortcuts. Create a new shortcut (using the + button)...

Application = OmniOutliner Pro
Name = Paste With Current Style
Shortcut = Command-V

When you relaunch OmniOutliner, Command-V will be assigned to Paste With Current Style, not the standard Paste.

Hope this helps.

Dan Byler