The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Exporting Duration/Effort To CSV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmabram View Post
When exporting to CSV format is there any way to get duration/effort to export according to project settings for formatting? In my CSV the duration and effort export as "7mo 2w 2d" even though in the project I have my duration and effort to display as hours only "432h". Ideally I would like them to export as simply as a number, "432", for easy manipulation in a spreadsheet without having to parse/strip first.
This question was asked four years ago. Is there a way to export a csv with hours only. I keep getting 1w 2d 4h which is a pain to convert to hours.

Last edited by digitalagua; 2013-04-29 at 07:29 AM..

Here's a trivial script that will emit CSV for the WBS Number, Time and Effort columns to the clipboard for the frontmost OmniPlan document:

Code:
property pWBSHeader : "WBS Number,Time,Effort
"

tell application "OmniPlan"
	set OutputStr to pWBSHeader
	set comma to ","
	repeat with ThisTask in (tasks of front document)
		tell ThisTask
			set OutputStr to OutputStr & outline number & comma & (duration / 3600) & comma & (effort / 3600) & return
		end tell
	end repeat

tell application "Finder" to set clipboard to OutputStr
end tell
Time and Effort will be given as hours. Select those columns in your spreadsheet document and paste the new values in. Seems to work based on minimal testing with Numbers; YMMVBYKWTSA. Information on how to install and use scripts with Omni products can be found at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7453

This worked very well, thank you.