The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time outs and getting logged off Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
More than once, I have spent time composing a message for the forum, tracking down appropriate links, getting distracted by phone calls or more important work, proofreading, and then finally posting the message.

And then I am told that I'm not logged in. Not only that, my beautifully composed message is gone. Poof. Swept into the bit bucket with nary a stray pixel.

This is incredibly annoying. I've tried to remember to select all and copy before I press any button leaving this posting page. I've also lost posts when I did a quick reply and then clicked the wrong button below that field - the advanced one, I think. Again, poof. Gone.

Argh! Is there some timeout limit? Can it be set higher? It's probably at an hour or something like that. Well, some of us multitask through more things than are good for us. But we're going to keep doing that. So please fix it. I don't feel like recreating the comments on forum themes. Oh well. I don't have time to do it again.

are you selecting the "remember me" option when you log in?

No, I wasn't. I did do the fiddle so that I don't have to type in my username and password. And this really feels like a timeout thing because if I'm somewhat speedy at composing (like I was with the message to start this thread) everything is fine.

For a test, I'm going to post this. I clicked "remember me" when I logged in just now. I'll start to compose another message and then run some errands. I'll be back - eventually. :) We'll see if it happens then.

Hopefully that does it. There have been a couple times where I've left the window up for a while and haven't had that problem when I hit post.

Some other forums allow one to set how long they want to stay logged in.

So here I am starting to create a post about 2pm EDT ...
... and now it's almost 4pm EDT. Will this get posted or will it disappear into the bit bucket? Ah, since I'm thinking about it, I'll select all and copy before I post.

And that worked. So Forrest's solution of clicking "Remember me" when I logged in was the answer. Thanks, Forrest.