The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jira - Omnifocus Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All -

I have created a command line program that syncs Jira to Omnifocus. It will import all issues assigned to you in Jira to a project of your choosing in Omnifocus. Then, when you mark the task complete in Omnifocus, it will transition to resolved in Jira.

I am just curious if anyone else has any interest in this and if so, if there are any features you would like to see. It requires Node.js to be installed but given this, there are a lot of capabilities (full web server, email notifications, mac notifications etc) so let your imagination run wild and I will see what I can implement.

Cheers,

Andy

I'd upvote this in jira 1000 times if I could get it. It'd be so awesome to get a 2 way sync between the two systems.

1) How would you track comments in the ticket in omnifocus? Would someone be able to put in notes in omnifocus and have them show up as new comments in the ticket?

2) What happens if someone moves a jira to me? How do I know that it got assigned?

3) Would this be something I ran on the mac or an intermediate server?

I'd love for the sync to be set it and forget it. If the mac has to be running that's completely fine, it doesn't have to be all in the "cloud"

I'm also *SUPER* happy to do beta testing, and I live in Seattle!

Sorry, super excited, I love omnifocus, but the lack of integration like this has always made it kinda hacky to track in both systems.

Item 1:

I have been toying around with a custom tag in the notes of omnifocus that could be used to denote that a comment should be added to Jira. You could mark something with a hashtag for example in the notes section of omnifocus, and I could send that as a comment to JIRA.

Item 2:

Right now, I am just pulling in all item assigned to you. So if the responsibility is changed to you, it should show up in Omnifocus.

Item 3:

It could definitely run just on your mac. You just need to have node installed. I would be a command line program but I could set it up to run as daemon as well so that you don't have to remember to run it. It could be set to run at a schedule of your choosing.

I would be VERY interested in this script. Especially since the only one I have found so far is from 2009 and depends on a gem that doesn't exist anymore.

I would also be very interested in the script.

A real sync as far as possible between OF and JIRA would be fantastic – the ruby script MattStratton mentioned is really basic. :)

It would be great if you could sync/import based on any filter because I have to keep track of many tasks which are not assigned to me but which I am responsible for as project owner.

Any updates?

I would love this as well! Can you release it?

+1

Double tracking is mucking with my "mind like water" state