The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insert more rows as single actions into project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,
I have a case when I get a list of names like:
1) Barbed Wire Regular
2) Bigband Regular
3) Bubbledot Coarse Positive
4) Carver Regular

and need to make a list of actions inside of project. How can I do it? The list sometimes has 50 rows...

Last edited by robertcerny@mac.com; 2007-12-14 at 06:19 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcerny@mac.com View Post
Hi folks,
1) Barbed Wire Regular
2) Bigband Regular
4) Carver Regular

and need to make a list of actions inside of project. How can I do it? The list sometimes has 50 rows...
I see that Paste doesn't work as you'd expect, but here's a workaround.
1) Copy your list to the clipboard.
2) Select an action (without putting the cursor into text edit mode). This can be a blank action in the Inbox, for example.
3) Select "Paste and Match Style" from the Edit menu.
4) Send Feedback to Omni that "Paste" should work in this situation!

Workaround? It doesn't work for me :(
Paste and Match Style does nothing, just beeps.

Oh sorry, it does work in Inbox but not inside of another project. Thx for help.

Last edited by robertcerny@mac.com; 2007-12-14 at 07:23 AM..

I agree that its frustrating. I think they have to keep the paste the way it is, but maybe with the option key down, paste can change to "Paste list as actions" Right now I create a text file, open that in OO, then import the OO file - its quite tedious but it works...

-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcerny@mac.com View Post
Hi folks,
1) Barbed Wire Regular
2) Bigband Regular
4) Carver Regular

First, click on the left margin of an action to make sure you're selecting the entire row (rather than editing the text). (You can also toggle between editing and selecting a row by pressing the Escape key.)

Once you've done this, paste will create a new action for each line in the pasteboard.

Ken,

This only works if the pasteboard is plaintext, not styled text.

(that is works from textwrangler, not from textedit)

Paste and match style must be doing some coercion. I think OF should be converting to plain text on a standard paste in this situation.

The other thing is that if you have the "available" filter set, the actions are added, but you can't see them because they have no context, making it feel like nothing got added.

-P

Last edited by ptone; 2007-12-14 at 11:12 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
This only works if the pasteboard is plaintext, not styled text.
Woops, you're right! That wasn't true when we wrote that code, but it's certainly not working now. I've filed <bug://bugs/43973> (Cannot paste styled text as rows).

Ken any news on this?

Our bug database shows it working as of 1/3/08 (before the final was released) so if you're still having problems, send an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com