The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mixed tasks for same resource Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to have some advice on how to achieve the following:

In a simple project, there are 2 tasks, each taking 3 days of work.
There is only 1 resource, which is assigned to the 2 tasks.

After assigning, the resource is overallocated (200%) so I have to level the project.

The result is that the first task in my list will be handled before the second task giving my resource 6 days of work. The first 3 days on task #1 and the following 3 days on task #2

My question:
How can I obtain that my resource will work on BOTH tasks for 50% during 6 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archemedia View Post
I'd like to have some advice on how to achieve the following:

In a simple project, there are 2 tasks, each taking 3 days of work.
There is only 1 resource, which is assigned to the 2 tasks.

After assigning, the resource is overallocated (200%) so I have to level the project.

The result is that the first task in my list will be handled before the second task giving my resource 6 days of work. The first 3 days on task #1 and the following 3 days on task #2

My question:
How can I obtain that my resource will work on BOTH tasks for 50% during 6 days?
You can select the task, bring up the "Task : Assignment" inspector, and change the percentage to 50% of 100%. Do this for the other task and you'll be smooth sailing. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
You can select the task, bring up the "Task : Assignment" inspector, and change the percentage to 50% of 100%. Do this for the other task and you'll be smooth sailing. :-)
Great, now, is there some support for more complicated operations? I have the same issues but I want to say, "Both occur over this period and end at the same time." i.e. simultaneously. But, one task takes 25w and another takes 4w. Sure, I can manually calculate the percent but is there an automated way?

i.e. 25/29 ~= 86% and 4/29 ~= 14%

Or, is there a way to say, "50% of your time on X and the rest on the remaining projects?"

Last edited by cwingrav; 2009-03-06 at 08:01 AM..