The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export transparency Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone!
In the OmniGraphSketcher User Manual (page 17, The Canvas Inspector) there's written: "Click the Color well to open the standard Mac color panel and choose a background color for your graph. You can even choose partially transparent colors, if you need to export a copy of your graph to overlay on top of something else."
I tried to export a graph to an image format (I suppose PNG is the right format for this purpose, is this correct?) with a transparent background, but I did't succeed.
Can someone explain me how to do it? I need to import the graph in another application (Keynote), but I need it with a transparent background.

Thanks for help!

Lozzi

Try using the Copy as Image button on the toolbar. I was able to successfully paste a test graph with a low-opacity canvas into Keynote and see the existing material on the slide through it...

Thanks whpalmer4, it works! I can't actually save the image with the transparent background (but is this possible?) but I can pass it through running applications with the Copy As Image button.

Lozzi

My casual experiments suggest that saving as PNG doesn't get you a transparent background, but saving as PDF does. Open the PDF file with Preview, select the whole page, copy, paste into Keynote. Or use the Copy as Image button if you don't need the PDF file...

Help->Send Feedback in the application will put you in touch with the Omni support staff, who can get you definitive answers on how this is supposed to work.