The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting a table Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Last month I did a really simple operation: I copied a table in my browser and just pasted it in omnioutliner. It worked with no problem. Now I'm unable to do it. The columns in the table are pasted as a single column in omnioutliner. I'm missing something? If I copy a table in a word processor I cannot paste it?

Best,

Roberto

If the text edit cursor is active in a cell, the pasteboard contents are pasted into that cell. If you're in row-selection mode, we'll paste the contents as a new row. Maybe that explains what you saw/are seeing?

I've looked around but havent found the how to paste a column of different values on a multiple column document. (set value of selected rows pastes the same value for every selected row)

I'm importing a list of books, authors and prices from an .xls file.
I would like authors, book titles and prices each as separate column and I was trying to paste a column at a time.
I'm sure this can be done in some way but I couldn't find my smart brain this morning and was running late.

Ideas?
Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam, it is only possible to paste rows. Those rows can contain multiple columns but you can't paste a column itself. You can always rearrange the columns afterwards if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

If your data is already in columns in a spreadsheet, you should be able to just copy and paste the whole thing, and OmniOutliner will even make the new columns for you. It's easy to delete any columns you decide you don't want after you've pasted in the table. Just click on the column heading and hit the delete key.