The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Messed up My Bookmarks! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK newbie here and having my new browser installed for a whopping 2 hours, I already need help.

Bookmarks. I imported my bookmarks from an html file and they imported OK. I was rearranging them within the Omni bookmark area and now I'm stuck with a mess.

I'd like to wipe it all out and start from scratch since NOW I know what to do.
What happened is I selected and dragged ALL my bookmarks from the "Imported" area into the area on the side bar where the pre-installed stuff from Omni was.
I still have a duplicate of them all in the imported area.
I have them also in the Personal Bookmarks area.

So basically, I have triplicate of them all. Not good for a streamlined workspace that I was aiming for!

Right clicking on the item in the side pane does not help.
Right clicking on the item in the center area does not show a delete option as well.
There is no delete option in the menu options at the bottom of the windows either.
I CAN delete whatever I want in the personal bookmarks menu. The other ones still remain intact :(

How can I start over short of uninstalling this browser completely?

FYI - I'm finding it really annoying that if I switch between tabs while composing a message I lose the blinking cursor where I left off to type and find I need to click again to continue.

You can go to <yourdrive>/users/<you>/library/application support/omniweb5

There you will find HTML files for Bookmarks and for Favorites.

If you delete those, you can start fresh with your bookmarks.