The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I solved my own MS Project XML issue. Please release a patch! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When you export from Omniplan to XML for MS Project. Your resources schema is missing a field which causes MS Project to make all of your resources be 'material' instead of 'work.' If you add the field in, the resources and their allocation translates no problem.

The field is <Type>1</Type>

So right now Omniplan is exporting this:
<Resource>
<UID>5</UID>
<ID>5</ID>
<Name>CD</Name>
<IsNull>0</IsNull>

When it needs to be exporting this:
<Resource>
<UID>5</UID>
<ID>5</ID>
<Name>CD</Name>
<Type>1</Type>
<IsNull>0</IsNull>

The work around for now is to hand edit the XML file after you export it to add this line. But it would be nice if you guys could release a patch.

Please.