The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for College Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying to wrap my head around the best way to use OmniFocus to keep track of tasks for my seven college classes. Anyone in school who's worked out an efficient, organized system?

edit: sorry, i just did a search and found a ton of people asking the same thing.

In your large project folders go broad i.e.. school, work, personal, Special occasions>> Create a subfolder for each class within your school folder>> another subfolder for each project within that e.g. Essay X, Exam Y and then group tasks within each related folder

My approach on the other side (teaching college courses) is to define a top-level folder called Teaching (an Area of Responsibility) with each course that I teach as a folder inside. I subdivide this further in to folders for Lectures, Topics, Assignments, and Exams. The Lectures folder contains a Lecture Admin X project for each lecture. In it, I remind myself to prepare the lecture notes, read the material we will cover, and post the final administrative page content. The Topics folder contains such notes as reminders for making Study Guides or updating the topic notes (eg, PowerPoint slides) or Example Problems for each TOPIC (ie, an entire book chapter). The Assignments folder holds Homework or Capstone Report projects, with the requisite action groups and tasks for Starting, Proofing, Collecting, Keying, Grading, and Returning a given assignment. The Exams folder is similar to the Assignments folder, with each exam as its own project.

HTH

--
JJW