The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any Other Options for Pasting In Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I found this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ighlight=paste

I have a script that fetches some data from MediaWiki

$ curl --silent someurl | some awk work | awk -F"&" '{print $1}' | sed 's/^\ *//g' | pbcopy

So, on my clipboard, I have a nicely formatted list of tasks from our corporate intranet:

Repository Schema Design Proposal
AtomPub/lib-parser Prototype
Sub-document Security Proposal
U-235 Enrichment
D-Node Update throttle
MeatLOEF - ML Open Enrichment Framework
Spark Bridge
etc

Of course, when I go to paste these, I get one big entry in OmniPlan. I know I could go to a TXT intermediate and then import the file, but I have an existing plan and I want to import new tasks being thought of by my team, so as I've tried it, I would create a throw away project plan, import the file, and then use the AppleScript for merging two plans together.

This makes it tough to decide on the real benefit of this automation. Any other ideas I've looked over?

The Applescript for merging two plans is only for OmniPlan 1.1.2 or earlier. Starting with OmniPlan 1.5, you can just copy and paste between two project plans.

I've requested this by email, as I recall, but it seems like allowing pasting of lines of text as individual tasks like can be done in OmniOutliner and OmniFocus would be extremely useful and not require pushing too far into unexplored coding territory :-)

whp: yes, we have a bug with your request in it. Copying from Outliner is a little more complicated as we have to figure out what to do with the other columns. But I agree that pasting plain text as packets requests should be easier.