The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Production and measurable outcome Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there. Just signed up to Omniplan to rewrite the old paper based schedules my large studio uses for planning production of high pagination publications. I would like to be able to define tasks in terms of pages. If I know that each artworker can produce a certain number of pages a day, and my project is 900 pages long, then how do I express that on Omniplan so that adding or removing staff from a task will change the duration accurately. We run multiple publications simultaneously and it would be useful to set people daily page targets and measure performance and achievement against this.
thanks in advance

Hmm, not sure if this will work but let me know what you think. Let's say that on average your artworkers can produce 10 pages a day. You can create a 1 day task and name it "10 pages".

If you assign one artworker resource to it, the duration will not change. If you assign an additional artworker resource to the task the duration will take half the time. This assumes that both artworkers can produce 10 pages a day each.

You mentioned that you know how many number of pages a day each artworker can produce. If you have some artworkers on staff that produce pages slower, you can set their efficiency in the Resource Information inspector from 100% to a lower value. If you set a resource to 50%, that means that resource can produce 5 pages a day instead of 10 pages.